Oh. My. God. I am SO tired and am going to really hate myself in a few hours when I have to get up from work. Luckily I spent all day today at home recuperating from this stupid cold, because I’ll need the rest tomorrow. But once I got started today, and saw how close to finishing I was, I just couldn’t stop. And behold, we have a finished first draft manuscript! It needs some smoothing out, and I’m not fully happy with the epilogue, but that’s what revisions are for. To turn the slightly ugly duckling into a beautiful swan! Or something…
At any rate, finished word count now stands at:
Red Hot Fury:
500 words below what I estimated my first draft would turn out to be. Not too shabby! Now, to bed, and soon to query again!
OMG…tiiired, but so worth it!
LOL…tho I just realized something I haven’t paid attention to. My uber (not) HTML skills have not quite successfully modified zokotou’s word meter like I thought…I haven’t paid enough attention to realize the actual bar hasn’t filled in lately…Oh well, I’ll fix THAT in revisions, too. 😉